The world's first take me out app that helps you discover, build, and share your infinite wish list of things to do and places to go.
With Weotta you can say goodbye to the days of reading about that amazing concert the day after, forgetting the name of that new restaurant your
friend recommended a second ago, or returning from a family vacation to realize there was a local attraction that your kids would have loved just
around the corner from your hotel. Welcome to your new concert calendar, your new museum guide, your must-see-movie list, even your new tour book when you're traveling.
Right out of the box, Weotta's signature interface dishes out hundreds of ideas of things to do based on when you have time, where you're going to be, and who else wants to go.
Ideas like upcoming events this month, places your friends have been, and movies opening this weekend are all included in your stack.
Weotta filters the right ideas for you, no
matter who you need to be: a parent, a friend, a date, even a business partner. From the smallest gigs in Brooklyn to the biggest draws in Hollywood, Weotta gets you out to a good time
when you have time in over 400 U.S. cities nationwide.
More than just a pretty (inter)face, Weotta is a unique local search engine and machine learning technology that weaves together hundreds of streams, tens of millions of data points,
and your networks' interests in local events and places-- transforming, classifying, and synthesizing all the information needed to answer the key-decision-making questions: is the venue
kid-friendly or is it good for a date? Are there tickets or tables available? Are any of my friends interested or would they go back?
When you need the next step, Weotta also orchestrates
the everyday services you use to facilitate your social lives: Eventbrite, Facebook, Fandango, OpenTable, StubHub, and TicketFly to give you the full-service experience that your modern lifestyle demands.
We're hiring. If you're an amazing data scientist, engineer, or journalist who is as passionate about local data as we are, we want to meet you.
We're currently looking for developers with some combination of the following skills and/or interests:
- Python programming
- machine learning
- natural language processing
- search and personalization
- data pipeline optimization
- web development (with Django and jQuery)
- data visualization
- creative with data
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
At Weotta, we respect your right to privacy. We promise we won't sell your address to anyone, won't spam you and we'll listen to your feedback. If you have any concerns, or want to let us know what you think, reach us at email@example.com.
How your Privacy is Protected
Weotta takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information, such as requiring a password at login. However, no Internet, email or other electronic transmission is ever fully secure or error free, so you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us. You, the user, are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your login information to help prevent others from accessing your personally identifiable information.
Information You Provide to Us
We receive Personal Information directly from users who are interested in obtaining access to "logged in" user portions of the Sites, mobile applications or various products and services from us or from third parties. We collect Personal Information when you register, access, or visit the Service, including when you participate in activities in the Service.
We receive and store any information you enter on our Service or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your name, user name, email address, and location information. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to interact with other users, improving the Service, customizing the advertising and content you see, and communicating with you about specials and new features. We may also use this Personal Information in order to adapt the Services to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network, and to develop new tools for you and the community as a whole.
Information Collected Through Passive Means
We collect information passively using technology to make our Service more interesting and useful. For instance, when you open our iPhone app, your location can be collected to serve you nearby content. We may also use passively collected information to help diagnose problems with our servers, and to administer the Service.
Weotta may store such information itself or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by Weotta's affiliates, agents or service providers. Weotta may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our app, and how our users use and interact with the Weotta service. Also, in an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Services, Weotta often conducts research on its customer demographics, interests and behavior based on the Personal Information and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis. Weotta may share this non-identifiable and aggregate data with its affiliates, agents and business partners, but this type of non-identifiable and aggregate information does not identify you personally. Weotta may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
To provide the Services, we may derive location information from your wireless carrier, certain third-party service providers, or directly from the mobile device that you are using. When you use the Services, our servers automatically record certain information about your usage. These server logs may include information such as a mobile device identification number and device identifier, web requests, browser type, device type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, search terms, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, features used in the Services, the amount of time spent on particular screens, and the dates and times of your requests.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
We may use your personally identifiable information in many ways, including helping improve your experience on the Service, troubleshooting, and sharing your information with third parties so that these third parties can provide services to you. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function. We may also supplement personally identifiable information that we have collected directly from our users with other information that we obtain from third party partners. In addition, we may share your information when you participate in certain activities on our Sites that are sponsored or operated by third parties.
Integrating Third Party Services within the Services:
Weotta allows you to enable various online third party services, such as social media and social networking services like Facebook to be directly integrated into your Weotta experience. By directly integrating these services, we make your online experiences richer, and more personalized. To take advantage of this feature, we will ask you to provide us your username and password for the relevant Third Party Services. By enabling such Third Party Services, you are allowing us to pass your log-in information and send and receive other information (such as geo-location and friend lists) to and from these service providers. When you add a Third Party Service account to the Service, we will collect your login information and other relevant information necessary to enable the Service to access that Third Party Service and your data contained within that Third Party Service. However, please remember that the manner in which Third Party Services use, store and disclose your information is governed solely by the policies of such third parties, and Weotta shall have no liability or responsibility for the privacy practices or other actions of any Third Party Service that may be enabled within the Service.
Purchase or Sale of Businesses
From time to time we may purchase a business or one or more of our businesses may be sold, and your personally identifiable information may be transferred as a part of the purchase or sale.
Additional Disclosures Required By Law
This Site is not directed toward children under thirteen years of age. Weotta does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under thirteen years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, you should not register to become a member or provide any personally identifiable information through the Site. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to Weotta through this Site, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
To keep your Personal Information accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct Personal Information in our possession that you have previously submitted via the Services.
Terms of Service
- You must be at least 13 years old to use the Service.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs through your account and you, and you will not create an account for anyone other than yourself. You also represent that all information you provide or provided to Weotta upon registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current and complete and you agree to update your information as necessary to maintain its truth and accuracy.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secret and secure.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You agree to comply with all laws, rules and regulations (for example, federal, state, local and provincial) applicable to your use of the Service.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, files, information, usernames, images, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, links and other content or materials (collectively, "Content") that you submit, post or display on or via the Service.
- You must not change, modify, adapt or alter the Service or change, modify or alter another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service or Weotta
- You must not create or submit unwanted email, comments, likes or other forms of commercial or harassing communications (a/k/a "spam") to any Weotta users.
- You must not interfere or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, including by transmitting any worms, viruses, spyware, malware or any other code of a destructive or disruptive nature. You may not inject content or code or otherwise alter or interfere with the way any Weotta page is rendered or displayed in a user's browser or device.
- You must not create accounts with the Service through unauthorized means, including but not limited to, by using an automated device, script, bot, spider, crawler or scraper.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service or your access to the Service for any reason, without notice, at any time, and without liability to you.
- We reserve the right to refuse access to the Service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service, whether online or offline. You agree that Weotta is not responsible or liable for the conduct of any user. Weotta reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users.
- There may be links from the Service, or from communications you receive from the Service, to third-party web sites or features. There may also be links to third-party web sites within the Service. The Service also includes third-party content that we do not control, maintain or endorse.
- Functionality on the Service may permit interactions between the Service and a third-party web site or feature, including applications that connect the Service or your profile on the Service with a third-party web site or feature. For example, the Service may include a feature that enables you to share Content from the Service or your Content with a third party, which may be publicly posted on that third party's service or application. Using this functionality typically requires you to login to your account on the third-party service and you do so at your own risk. Weotta does not control any of these third-party web services or any of their content. You expressly acknowledge and agree that Weotta is in no way responsible or liable for any such third-party services or features.
- You agree that you are responsible for all data charges you incur through use of the Service.
- We prohibit scraping and caching or otherwise accessing any content on the Service via automated means (except as may be the result of search and discovery engine/services used by companies with Weotta's express consent).
Registration and Eligibility
Weotta reserves the right to refuse registration of, or cancel a User Name in its sole discretion. You are solely responsible and liable for activity that occurs on your account and shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Weotta password.
Third Party Services
In addition, Weotta is not responsible for the accuracy, availability or reliability of any geo-location, software, information, content, goods, data, opinions, advice or statements made available in connection with third party services. As such, Weotta is not liable for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such third party service. Weotta enables these features as a convenience and the inclusion of such features does not imply an endorsement.
We may use your User Submissions in a number of different ways in connection with the Site, Service and Weotta's business as Weotta may determine in its sole discretion, including but not limited to, publicly displaying it, reformatting it, incorporating it into marketing materials, advertisements and other works, creating derivative works from it, promoting it, distributing it, and allowing other users to do the same in connection with their own websites, media platforms, and applications.
You understand that all information publicly posted or privately transmitted through the Site is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated; that Weotta will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any content; and that Weotta cannot guarantee the identity of any other users with whom you may interact in the course of using the Service.
Rules and Conduct
Third Party Sites and Services
The Service may permit you to link to other websites, services or resources on the Internet, and other websites, services or resources may contain links to the Site. When you access third party websites, you do so at your own risk. These other websites are not under Weotta's control, and you acknowledge that Weotta is not responsible or liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of such websites or resources. The inclusion of any such link does not imply endorsement by Weotta or any association with its operators. You further acknowledge and agree that Weotta shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such website or resource.
Limitation of liability
Weotta has no fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that Weotta has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to the Service; what Content you access via the service; what effects the Content may have on you; how you may interpret or use the Content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content.
You release Weotta from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Service. You expressly understand and agree that Weotta, its affiliates and its sponsors are neither responsible nor liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive or damages for lost profits, whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, arising out of or relating in any way to (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iii) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; or (iv) the service, the site, Weotta-related services and/or content or information contained within the site or the service. In no event shall Weotta's total liability to you for all damages, losses or causes of action exceed the amount you have paid Weotta in the last six (6) months, or, if greater, one hundred dollars ($100).
Governing Law / Disputes